FOR THE LOVE OF TRAVEL & FOOD

Never go on trips with anyone you don’t love….Ernest Hemingway "I am not a glutton -- I am an explorer of food." Erma Bombeck (1927-1996)

Friday, July 22, 2005

Eggplant Salad



Way back April when I was still in Norway, Market Man of Manila posted on his terrfic food blog about Grilled Eggplant Salad

I knew I would have to wait for a while before I will have a chance to do this. First because I hardly saw good aubergines in Oslo and secondly I wanted good sweet tomatoes that has ripen under the Mediterranean sun.

It is very easy to do and very refreshing. I used a good balsamic vinegar and served this aubergine salad with roast chicken.
Market Man said this salad will go with seafood as well.

My husband was expecting a greek melitzano salata where the "meat" of the aubergine is reduced to a pulp and serve as dipping.But he loves this, so did I (I hated aubergine when I was young!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home