Isola di Capri
Last week my husband was in his day dreaming mode of Italy and not just Italy but Capri.
Well he started saying, you know Sha that restaurant in Capri and they serve a great Chocolate Torta.
The restaurant he was talking about is LA CAPANINNA
located at historical Capri which serves cuisine typical of the region and perhaps the freshest fish of the day. And after each meal they serve this marvelous chocolate cake that is flour less and moist. Here is M recipe of that cake.
Just out from the oven, slicing a big portion and a taste to bite.
200g 72% dark chocolate finely chopped
4 eggs separated
150g superfine sugar
½ vanilla beans cut into half with the seed scraped and mixed into sugar
250g Finely ground almonds
170g Butter melted and cooled till tepid
Torta Caprese with dusted cocoa, creme fraiche and framboise.
1)Preheat the oven at 180C
2)Grease the sides of a 9 1/2" spring form pan, then line the base with non-stick baking paper.
3)Chop the chocolate finely with a large knife,
4) With a mixer, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture is pale and thick.
5) Fold in the chocolate, the almonds and melted butter.
6) In dry bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
7) Fold the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
8) Spoon into the prepared cake tin and bake for between 50-60 minutes, until just firm to the touch.
9) Leave to cool for 20 minutes before turning out.
10)Serve with dusted cocoa powder and raspberries and a dollop of cream fraiche.
A second portion?
Capri is very charming but day trippers from Naples who take the 40 minutes hydrofoil ride creates a human traffic jams in narrow lanes, but when evening comes, the island becomes more enchanting.